- Project Type
- Tunnel & Underpass
- East District and Rende District, Tainan City
Architect / Supervising Engineer
Design & Supervision: CECI Engineering Consultants Inc.
Central Region Engineering Office, Railway Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications
- Cut & Cover tunnel: Reinforced concrete (RC) structure
- Water, electrical and environmental works
- Underground stations
Scope of Work
The scope of this project is from the level crossing of Rongyu Street in Tainan City to the vicinity of the level crossing of Dalin Road, with a total length of about 3,215 m, and a new commuter station of South Tainan Station will be built near the level crossing of Shengchan Road.
- The main structure of the tunnel: the Cut & Cover tunnel (3 parts including the tunnel section, the station area and the approach section) is about 3,215 m in length.
- Main station: including RC structure and decoration
- Water, electrical and environmental work: pumping machinery room, tunnel ventilation shaft, escape room and special electrical/mechanical niches
- South Tainan Station is 2 levels underground with side platforms. The overall structure needs to be constructed in two stages in line with the operation of Taiwan Railway, making the construction difficult.
- The underpinning project of the Zhonghua Overpass is characterized by a high degree of challenge to the safety control of the settlement of the existing Zhonghua Overpass and railway during the construction period.